sticky Heart and Soul: MidKar Memories Ideas

Wayne (Reed) Knazek

Thanks for contributing, Johnny!!!

We have a few ideas for group names. (Which implies 3 who like the idea of a separate "memories" group.)

Heart & Soul (H&S) . . . MidKar Memories (MKM) . . . Marvelous Musical Memories! (MMM)

Hmmmm . . . . maybe something like . . .

The Heart & Soul Group: A MidKar Memories Group where we share Marvelous Musical Memories!

Inline image

Any other ideas, or comments re a "memories" group?

If we get some members who like the idea, and some who say they'll share a story or two,
I'll get the MidKar site set up with links and set up a sub/satellite MidKar group.

Wayne

PS: I think it's time to include something on the site recognizing Gary Rogers for his years
of commitment to the group! We need a Guess This Game page!!! (Titled "Who's Gary?" LOL)
Gary isn't only a MidKar Group owner! He's a tremendously active, long time MidKar member!

We have many such members! And many who have passed away over recent years who also
contributed in many ways.  Gary, Bob, Robert and I have been members since the beginning.
I'm the newbie! LOL  I joined shortly after Gary, something like 800 years ago! Emoji

I'd like to add a "Special Honors" page for the many members who have contributed so much
to making MidKar a great group!

I've been working on this idea for a while now. I still have several (a lot) of hours of work
to do on the MidKar site to get it updated, and have a lot of content to add, links to update, etc.
But I plan to work on these ideas in the fairly near future.

If you have any idea for the MidKar.com site, please share them! You can post your ideas, or
contact me directly at thenettrainer@...

Blues, Latin Rock, 60's R&B, Rock-a-Billy, SURF, Good ol' Rock-n-Roll! Midi/Sequencers and Performers Group: https://groups.io/g/IGotDaBlues
8,000 Midi Files! Backing Trax and Timbres Of Heaven soundfonts! https://groups.io/g/MIDKAR
Learn to play guitar, blues harp or ANY instrument at amazing speed!  "I Just Wanna Play The Darned Thing!"
and "Learn To Shred" Text & audio newsletter! (Training & learning tips) Plus midi & MP3 jam tracks! http://www.thewaynereedconnection.com
Learn how to play Blues Harp, Harmonica, Mississippi Sax! How to improve your harp skills! https://groups.io/g/TheHarpMeister

Johnny Big Bad Wolfe / J-Dubya

How about: "MARVELOUS MUSICAL MEMORIES" as a separate group?

Keep up the good work, all!
Johnny

Wayne (Reed) Knazek

New Ideas . . . Thanks to Dick & Jane Schmitt for this spark!

A lot of our members are Boomers.  We have a lot of "history" we can share.  I know a couple of our members who could share VOLUMES!
I've been a performing/studio musician since the mid 60's. So you KNOW I have stuff to share! (Or . . . maybe not share! LOL)

Many members are younger. Some might not relate to our stories. But perhaps many would be interested to hear some of our stories, shenanigans,
anecdotes etc. from the past.

I think if we all just posted these stories to our main group, maybe some members would be turned off a bit. Maybe too many long posts not really midi related.

Should we start a MidKar Remembers group, and then add links from the MidKar.com site? Maybe even add Memories to our MidKar site?
I'd be open to the idea of adding pix or our members to the MidKar site, with links to their BIO AND memories posts!

We could have a Topic of the Week. Then members could post to that topic.

Maybe just start a Memories group, not necessarily a MidKar group. And invite those who join Memories to join Midkar?

Input, ideas and comments welcome!!!  Wayne