Re: Results of 1st song (I Write The Songs) "Can You Guess This Song" for 2/28/2021

Kosi

Hi to all of you from Mexico.. please does anyone has Good Midi with lyrics
(THIS IS IT) by Kenny logins? i thank you very much kosmas

On Fri, Mar 5, 2021 at 8:01 AM Gary Rogers <garyrog1946@...> wrote:

Attached is the unstripped version of the song for those members who might want the full MIDI with title and credits.

The Title and Artist for the “Can You Guess This Song (First Song)” this past week (2/28/2021) were:

“I Write The Songs”  as recorded by Barry Manilow (1975)

(1) Barry Manilow - I Write the Songs ((STEREO)) 1975 - YouTube

I Write the Songs - Wikipedia

"I Write the Songs" is a popular song written by Bruce Johnston in 1975. Barry Manilow's version reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in January 1976  after spending two weeks atop the Billboard adult contemporary chart in December 1975.  It won a Grammy Award for Song of the Year and was nominated for Record of the Year in 1977.  Billboard ranked it as the No. 13 song of 1976.

Manilow was initially reluctant to record the song, stating in his autobiography Sweet Life: "The problem with the song was that if you didn't listen carefully to the lyric, you would think that the singer was singing about himself. It could be misinterpreted as a monumental ego trip."  After persuasion by Clive Davis, then president of Arista Records, Manilow recorded the song, and his version of "I Write the Songs" was the first single taken from the album Tryin' to Get the Feeling. It first charted on the Billboard Hot 100 on November 15, 1975, reaching the top of the chart nine weeks later, on January 17, 1976.

 I received 16 responses to this song of which 16 were correct.

I am including the Moderators because they have no idea in advance what song I am posting.

This song and artist were named correctly by the following members. They are listed in the order of the timestamp of when they were submitted.

1. James Pitt-Payne

2. Roy Collingwood

3. Rejjie Bee

4. Hayward Martin

5. Larry Worthy

6. Paola Fragini

7. Bill Adams

8. Michael Borelli

9. Karen Krettler

10. Graham Ford

11. Sergio Ferreira

12. Dick Schmitt

13. Gary Short

14. Andy Allinger

15. John Wolfe

16. Stacie Spenser

Thanks to all that participated.

I sincerely hope you have fun with "Guess This Song".

Gary

--
Kosmas website Click below.
http//.www.music-kosmas.com